Innoppl’s iPhone app developers worked with an Atlanta based company to create the iBand app. Client requested the app to be social and easy-to-use in all scenarios. iBand is a social platform for independent music bands across the world to connect and share their ideas. Ease of use was the most important goal for the project team. We went through numerous iterations on the UI and work-flow to make the app easy to use. We had to solve many technical limitations to realize the iBand app for our client. Highlights of the app are:
- Social – It is a social app where friends and artists can post on their walls and send messages.
- Live Streaming – Ability of a user to live stream from any iOS device is a key to the success of the app.
- iOS developers at Innoppl used https / mp4 streaming to achieve this goal.
- Live Commenting – When a user live streams an event, multiple users can comment on the live video stream.
- Videos – We had to optimize the uploading and viewing of videos in the app to improve the load time. We used different optimization techniques to reduce the video load time.
- AAC / mp3 Audio Format – iBand app supports AAC / mp3 audio format.
- H.264 Video Format – iBand app supports H.264 video format for live streaming.
We geared the app towards a mobile audience who like to do most of sharing and viewing inside the mobile app rather than using a desktop or laptop. App received good feedback in beta testing stage with selected group of people. Users like the user friendliness of the app and appreciate its deep social integration. If you want to create a truly social app to appeal to a young audience, you have come to the right place. Innoppl’s iOS app developers in San Francisco Bay Area are truly mobile and social minded people who will help create your next big social app.